LED screens installation ways :
Light Emitting Diode (LED) is a small delicate semiconductor. This characteristic of LEDs has excellent application in manufacturing billboards. LED signage, commonly known now, has world-wide appreciation in advertisements. A large number of LEDs emitting different colors, arranged in electrical circuitries can display in the forms of text, graphics or even videos. In this way LED digital display work as a powerful means of visual communication with the public. However, these assemblies are available in customized sizes. Therefore, LED signs can be small for some indoor usage. Alternatively, these displays may be very large as LED screens useful for outdoor displays.
LED screen installation.
Depending on the purpose, LED screens can be customized in size and operations. Whether indoor or outdoor, installation of LED screen is possible in one or the other way. Therefore, listing down here the number of ways is not enough from the learning point of view. So, we decided to elaborate here all important ways in practice. We will indicate which installation is easy or user-friendly that an ‘installation manual’ may be enough for it to go. However, for other LED screens knowledge about installation type is essentially necessary.
What is important about the LED screen installation?
A step by step procedure which one should know and follow is basically installation of the LED screen. Customized signage also has to be mounted by a certain predefined installation procedure. But every discussion of LED screen installation way will remain lacking purpose without mention of ‘important precautions’ at appropriate stages. So, the importance of LED screen installation exists in:
- Installation procedure
- Pre-installation precautions
- Post-installation protections
To decide the method of installations following considerations are essentially beneficial:
- Will the display be indoor or outdoor?
- How easy is it going to be to operate and maintain?
- What is to display, and how is to display?
- What are budget constraints?
- How many images are required to be displayed?
- The location from where will people view the display?
- Space requirement for installing display?
Therefore, before proceeding further, another relevant point is the use of the word ‘installation’. In the coming discussion,” installation” will refer to the physical placement of LED screens (and peripheral hardware), and also for loading software.
Ten ways for LED screen installation.
Some common methods suitable for installation of various types of LED screens are described below. These methods are applicable to almost all sizes of indoor and outdoor LED screens.
- Inside wall LED screens installation. This method is applicable to indoor and outdoor. When the screen is embedded in a wall, both screen and wall are in the same plane. Therefore, gives a nice look due to uniformity.
- Wall mount LED screens installation. This is a very popular method for indoor as well as outdoor installation of LED screens. It is comparatively easy to maintain. When the screen is small, regular maintenance can be done by removing the whole assembly. But for larger display screens, usually, a maintenance channel is reserved between the LED display and the wall.
- Standing column LED screens installation. This method of digital display installation frequently used for outdoor display. For smaller led screens even single stand support is sufficiently enough. However, double stands support is necessary for medium to larger screens. They are easy to maintain. On highways or open areas with other means to put the screen, this is the only way to install led screens.
- Sport area LED screens installation. Since the digital displays inside or outside the sports area are multipurpose. Therefore, the screens are useful for displaying ongoing sports event such as a football match, and also to display commercial ads. They are easy to install and disassemble.
- Wall hanging LED screens installation. Usually, small LED screens are installed using this way. Large screens which are heavy and cover more area cannot allow this installation method. Assembling and dissembling are easy, nevertheless, screen protection is questionable in this system.
- Hanging LED screens installation. Also called ‘ceiling installation’, is a convenient method for indoor or semi-indoor installations. Its usual locations are passageways, stations, venue, entrances, etc.
- Standing floor LED screens installation. LED screens usually displaying frequently changing contents for viewers as passerby use this installation method. This is useful for small indoor LED screen displays.
- Top building LED screens installation. For very large-size LED displays which need to be visible from a large distance, screens are placed on reasonably high buildings. Their installation, post-installation maintenance, and permanent care are difficult factors to manage. However, in view of their usefulness LED screens installation on top of the building is a technically feasible method.
- Overhead LED screen installation. The very usual method of displaying messages digitally follows outdoor over main roads. They can be part of pedestrian’s bridges. A commercially viable method which is easy to install and maintain.
- Mobile installation. This method has gained popularity in recent years. It involves putting the whole display system on some movable, e.g. truck or van, etc. for the advertisement of events such as concerts, party or weddings.
Choosing any one of these ways depends on the purpose, location, size, environment, safety, and technical issues. Supplier’s installation services are an integral part of the deal in general. Therefore, the customer may not have to worry about choosing the best way of installation.
An installation manual packing with the product, in case of small size, LED screens is customary. The customized installation provides an easy and more economical solution for digital advertising. However, a ‘user’s installation’ is more of a ‘careful’ job rather than professional or experts task.
There are several other ways of LED display installation which are specific to the type of LED screen. For example, the following are some specific type of LED display which is in service:
- Die-cast display. These types of LED screen are much thinner and lighter than other LED displays. They are popular with fixed installation usually for indoor applications.
- Curtain LED display. This type of LED is easy to install quickly. Since it is available in Aluminum strips design, therefore it is very light and perfect for the indoor stage, fixed and rental applications.
- Front service LED display. This is available in two types. Both are easy to install.
- Cabinet front service. For indoor and outdoor, in different sizes.
- Module front service. For indoor, in a different pitch.
- Posters LED display. There are now 3G LED display poster as replacement of old posters. They are as easy to install as fixing to a street light pole.
- Floor LED display. Interactive and non-interactive floor LED displays are easy to set and windup.
- Transparent glass LED display. Mainly used in shopping malls and corporate buildings, these are special LED display. Its fixed indoor installation is just hanging with the panel.
- Curve LED display. These are customized display screens in various shape and sizes. Company professionals are usually engaged for installation, for indoor and outdoor displays.
- Cross LED display. Its cross-shaped LED display. Due to its special features, it is generally useful for hospitals, pharmacies, and churches. It’s easy to install and maintain.
- Traffic LED display. These versatile displays are in use for intelligent traffic systems. To display overhead traffic signs and roads/high ways messages etc. traffic LED display are commonly employed.
- Creative LED display. These are actually specially shaped LED displays. The main advantages of these products are that: they are foldable so you can make special shapes. They are thin and light, easy to carry. Their assembly and installation are convenient. Just hang the display from the panels’ top like hanging a curtain.
- Spherical LED display. Spherical LED display is becoming very popular in bar, nightclub, show, stadium, etc. In different diameters spherical LED displays are useful for indoor and outdoor LED displays.
Installation of LED screens by and large is a technical subject. As listed above, different ways for installation of some particular LED screen are always there. Every installation way has a pre-defined procedure. Installation procedures are a sequence of steps technical experts follow to accomplish their task. They all have to be extremely careful to do what seems to be just a routine job. So when we talk about the installation of display screens made of LEDs, precautions are more important to consider.
- Installation procedures. For anyone of installation ways described above, a set of steps and rules to follow are always there. These are what we call ‘Installation procedures’. Elaborated with figures for the experts to be clear in their working, steps are there. These help procedures help to conveniently assemble and put up screens. Installation procedures are technically wetted to take care of pre-installation and post-installation eventualities.
- Pre-installation precautions. Prior to installation of any LED screen, there is always a checklist available to ensure appropriate mechanical and electrical facilities. Generally, pre-installation precautions address to avoid:
- Physical damage to the LED. Listed below are precautions against physical damage due to possible reasons, given:
- Due to the impact don't
- drop LED screen on the floor
- put the screen headed downward
- let corners of the LED screen hit with a hard object
- stack in more (than 12) layers
- Due to static electricity. Do not touch LED screen without gloves
- Due to metallic substances.
- Don’t put the metallic object on the surface of LED screen particularly if it has a magnetic impact as well
- If the metallic piece gets into screen pull it back using a magnet.
- Chemical damage to the LED. Take care while using the following chemicals/materials during pre-installation. Never ever
- expose the screen to water and water vapors
- expose the screen to detergents and such vapors
- use glass cleaners. Spray paints or insects repellents
- use a surfactant. Thinner or liquefied hydrocarbons (such as Benzene, toluene) as solvents
- use blowers in the vicinity during installation or use it with minimum speed.
- work without mask
- Damage due to dust. Precautions must be taken if an LED screen is to be installed in the construction area. To minimize damage due to dust following steps will be useful.
- Cover the LED screen with vinyl sheet using tape to ensure safety against dust and vapors.
- Do 100 grayscale white for a while every day
- Damage due to ‘Radiant Heat’. Working out appropriately at the pre-installation stage, to take care of radiant heat, is good to secure the product.
- Check spacing for ventilation (particularly for indoor installation). Keeping in mind:
- Ambient temperature
- Effect of ducts
- Check for spacing for landfill installation (keep around 60 mm)
- Check for spacing for wall mounting installation
There can be some other ways of installing a specific LED screen which is used according to requirement. For example, a small size LED display can be fixed in a pair of poles inserted in the ground. Owing to its apparent structure this may be called an ‘H-type’ installation. Similarly, there can be several other ways which may differ in names only.
Next to placing.
Once the frame and cabinets are placed at the desired location, the next part is the installation of other parts. They are software/computer and network etc. Now on we will be moving towards checking the real-time operation of the LED screen before finally handing over the display to the customer. No installation is successful unless taken care of flaws. Therefore, a few checks and ‘work to do’ may be as listed below:
- Follow standards concerning connectivity of power cables, frame installation, and seam adjustment
- Ensure network and software operational support, including LED Signage Manager (LSM)
- Display safety measures including a maintenance schedule
- Implement necessary calibrations
- Carryout brightness checks, display interval order, etc. give a test run.
Therefore, it may be good to know how many ways are possible to install LED screen but that is not enough. LED screens in demand may be a traditional one or an unconventional product. But great technology may come out to be worthless in the absence of great support. That support comes only from competent manufacturers and suppliers. LED display consumers have been trusting DAKCO for years. and hopefully, the trust will continue to strengthen. Selection of most appropriate way to install is the job of technical experts. Cost-effectiveness remains the basic concern of the client. And DAKCO serves all these concerns well like no other.